Gallery

Jiu Jitsu Knoxville, Why Getting Kids Into Jiu-Jitsu is a Great Idea

Why Getting Kids Into Jiu-Jitsu is a Great Idea

Benefits of Jiu-Jitsu for Kids=

Jiu-Jitsu Helps Kids Achieve their Goals and Develop Great Habits

 

Jiu-Jitsu Safety Is 99% , The Remaining 1% Is All About the School

Safety is what we initially require when we are putting our kids into something relatively new to us (and especially to them). Getting them to train Jiu-Jitsu is perfectly safe. There are hundreds of schools out there with qualified instructors that will supervise your kids while in their classes. There is practically a 0% incident rate when kids get into Jiu-Jitsu. For one thing, good Jiu-Jitsu schools carry an honest, well thought out system that is designed to instruct kids and pair kids to practice with other kids.

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a martial art form that is very safe. In Gracie Barra, the ICP4 program ensures that all instructors are well-versed with the safety guidelines of martial art instruction. Each child enrolling at every Gracie Barra school is sure to be safe from injuries.

Kids Need Role Models Outside the Household

It is typical for kids to find role models outside the household. There is a difference between having parents as role models, and having another person as one. Children often identify themselves with role models outside of the household. Typically these are individuals whom they may share common interests with.

“Kids need heroes,” as I’d like to quote Prof. Flavio Almeida of Gracie Barra San Clemente

 

Kids Need Tangible Goals

Kids today have goals. But are these goals fruitful? Are the goals of gaining a higher level in online video games, or becoming the most popular in school, goals that will help them in the future?

Kids who get into martial arts will have tangible goals. Something that they can measure and be proud of. Getting them into the Gracie Barra Little Champions program will surely give them the boost and the goals that they need to be better individuals. When a kid gains a stripe, the entire Gracie Barra family celebrates!

Jiu-Jitsu Teaches Children Great Habits

Young kids need do develop good habits. It can be anything from being early for martial arts class, to being polite and courteous in their Dojos, to preparing their Gis, to even being conscious of their hygiene. Gracie Barra is known to have a strong kids program that propagates and promote these things.

Research also suggests that physically active children grow up to be less prone to stress and have a higher than most emotional quotient.

 

Kids Martial Arts

Karate for Kids is Great, But Jiu-Jitsu is a Lifestyle

I love karate. Personally, I grew up watching all of the Karate Kid sagas between 1984 to 1989, but my preference towards Jiu-Jitsu is more on its practical use (both self-defense wise) and the lifestyle that it promotes. Stepping into a Gracie Barra school will mean a change in lifestyle. Kids should start early in changing their lifestyle. During the formative years of 6 until 12, children start developing their personal habits and preferences. These are eating habits, play, work, and disposition. Getting them into Jiu-Jitsu will help them follow a great lifestyle through the teachings of Master Carlos Gracie Jr.

BJJ for Kids

A Jiu-Jitsu School is the Best Place to Make New Friends

Is your child a bit shy? Is your child having a hard time meeting new people and making new friends? Getting them into Jiu-Jitsu can help bring out the inner tiger in them. Think of Gracie Barra as a place where your kids can develop great habits and goals with lots of martial arts and a lot of other kids wearing a good-looking uniform!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s